Frequently Asked Questions

Login and Registration Issues

Why don’t I need to register?
This forum is fully functional without registering.
What does the “Delete all forum cookies” do?
“Delete all forum cookies” at the bottom of the page (trash can icon) deletes the cookies created by this forum. Cookies provide functions such as read tracking. If you are having problems, deleting forum cookies may help.

Posting Issues

How do I create a new topic or post a reply?
To post a new topic in a forum, click "New Topic". To post a reply to a topic, click "Post Reply".
How do I edit or delete a post?
You can’t edit or delete any posts unless you have registered. To delete your own anonymous posts, please contact the forum Adminstrators by clicking the question mark icon at the bottom of the page.
Why can’t I add more poll options?
The limit for poll options is set by the forum administrator. If you feel you need to add more options to your poll than the allowed amount, contact the forum administrator.
Why can’t I access a forum?
Some forums may be limited to certain users or groups. To view, read, post or perform another action you may need special permissions. Contact a moderator or forum administrator to grant you access.
How can I report posts to a moderator?
If the forum administrator has allowed it, you should see a button for reporting posts next to the post you wish to report. Clicking this will walk you through the steps necessary to report the post.
Why can’t I post links or use url BBCode?
Links are disabled by default to discourage spamming. All relevant links will be converted to live links after they have been checked. Simply post your link as text and wait for manual approval.

Formatting and Topic Types

What is BBCode?
BBCode is a special implementation of HTML, offering great formatting control on particular objects in a post. The use of BBCode is granted by the administrator, but it can also be disabled on a per post basis from the posting form. BBCode itself is similar in style to HTML, but tags are enclosed in square brackets [ and ] rather than < and >. For more information on BBCode see the guide which can be accessed from the posting page.
Can I use HTML?
No. It is not possible to post HTML on this forum and have it rendered as HTML. Most formatting which can be carried out using HTML can be applied using BBCode instead.
What are Smilies?
Smilies, or Emoticons, are small images which can be used to express a feeling using a short code, e.g. :) denotes happy, while :( denotes sad. The full list of emoticons can be seen in the posting form. Try not to overuse smilies, however, as they can quickly render a post unreadable and a moderator may edit them out or remove the post altogether. The forum administrator may also have set a limit to the number of smilies you may use within a post.
Can I post images?
Yes, images can be shown in your posts. You must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag.
What are sticky topics?
Sticky topics within the forum appear below announcements and only on the first page. They are often quite important so you should read them whenever possible. As with announcements and global announcements, sticky topic permissions are granted by the forum administrator.
What are locked topics?
Locked topics are topics where users can no longer reply and any poll it contained was automatically ended. Topics may be locked for many reasons and were set this way by either the forum moderator or forum administrator. You may also be able to lock your own topics depending on the permissions you are granted by the forum administrator.
What are topic icons?
Topic icons are author chosen images associated with posts to indicate their content. The ability to use topic icons depends on the permissions set by the forum administrator.

Searching the Forums

How can I search a forum or forums?
Enter a search term in the search box located on the index, forum or topic pages. Advanced search can be accessed by clicking the “Advance Search” link which is available on all pages on the forum. How to access the search may depend on the style used.
Why doesn’t my search return any results??
Your search was probably too vague and included many common terms which are not indexed. Be more specific and use the options available within Advanced search.
Why does my search return a blank page?
Your search returned too many results for the webserver to handle. Use “Advanced search” and be more specific in the terms used and forums that are to be searched.

Attachments

What attachments are allowed on this forum?
Attachments are not allowed. You can upload them elsewhere and place a link.